Thursday, November 10, 2011

Emery is Here and 2 weeks old!!

I am sorry it has taken me so long to update this blog but as every mom knows there is not much time in the first few days to have any time for your self.  Now we are 2 weeks old day and I have a little bit of time between feedings to get a few "me" things done.  ;)
Emery Catherine Adcock was born on Oct 27 at 7:29am, she was 5 lbs 14 ounces 19.25 inches long.  She was born via scheduled c section because she was breech. I am sure many people have specific things that they remember about their birth stories and mine was sweet Emery's eyes when the Dr showed her to me. They were so bright and open, just reminded me of her daddy.  I also cherish the video Brent took and his infectious happy laugh that was captured by the video. That birth moment is a high that can not be explained.  The ultimate miracle, a little baby girl. She is my angel and I am in love with her from this moment on...forever and ever!!
Overall, my c section went well and my recovery was not bad. I feel very blessed that my pain was minimal because caring for a newborn is alot of work that can not be put on hold because of my own pain.
Even though you can not drive nor leave your house the diapers, feedings, lack of sleep, feedings and more diapers 24/7 is enough to wear a person out. I think in the first 2 days, it becomes very obvious that the feedings are going to be the thing that will take the most getting used to. Figuring out the feeding needs of the baby while your hormones are regulating is very interesting and has made me really appreciate my family. I want to thank them for their support during all of that and never once making me feel like I was crazy or that I could not do it. All I know is that I did not give up on the breast feeding, I was accepting of any and all advice and now I have a healthy baby weighing 6 lbs 4 oz to be exact. Although that is still small, she is heavier than her birth weight and that is what matters. And this makes mommy very happy!!
At the pediatrician's office today, we got a great 2 week report.  Now we do not go back till 2 months.  I also have my 2 week post surgery appointment on Saturday, which I am sure will go well.  I am hoping they release me to drive and do a little exercise.  I look forward to taking Miss E on her first walk around the block.
As I said before I am so in love with Miss Emery and I just love every moment we spend together.  She is such a sweet snuggler and I just love her big bright eyes that she has been opening more and more these days.  As I get to know her, I get so excited about the memories we have already made and the memories to be made.  Many of the memories we have already made include many friends and family visits which just shows how loved and blessed our little Emery is.  Thank you all for your calls, messages, gifts, meals and visits.  I just love sharing this little blessing with everyone. 
In my next post, I will put up some pictures but for now it is time to feed.....:)

1 comment:

  1. good to hear everyone is well and on the way to adjusted
    Im so happy you hung with the start up glitches of breast feeding the hard part is over and know theres still tons of advice and help
    you 2 sound happy !! good job adcocks

    ReplyDelete